Affidea is a leader in integrated healthcare. Its core activity in diagnostic imaging has evolved into a broad portfolio with symbiotic services: outpatient services, lab services and cancer care.
Affidea is benefiting from a large, growing and resilient market, driven by solid fundamentals:
- Tailwinds including an ageing population and increasing focus on preventive medicine
- Resilience through economic cycles, given the critical nature of the services and market undersupply
- Exposure to countries growing above the European average of + 4% per annum
- Economies of scale from: (i) sticky long-term contracts with the public sector, (ii) high capital requirements, (iii) complex regulations and licenses requirements and (iv) radiologist shortages
In addition, the fragmented European market offers M&A opportunities in existing and new countries.
Affidea is well positioned to win:
- Diversification across geographies, payors (e.g., public and private), services and regulations
- Over-indexed to higher-growth complex modalities
- Strong financial profile, with consistent organic growth and solid M&A track record
- Margin improvement potential, e.g., from sharing best practice and improving medical productivity by reducing doctors’ administrative burden
- Artificial intelligence to provide additional opportunities in teleradiology
Affidea has a reputation for clinical excellence, with a core focus on providing quality care:
- Europe’s most awarded diagnostic imaging provider
- Partner of choice for doctors, patients and payors
- Focus on developing new technologies with OEMs
Over the past year, the Board and management have been strengthened with additional high-caliber appointments.